The officials spectator guide to Stage 6 is now available, click here for a summary listing and map, including vehicle parking, bike parking, suggested viewing areas and to find the sprint area and King of the Mountain areas. Please note: parking for people with disabilities will be available at corner of Walnut and Mountain streets.
- To download the map only, click here.
- For more information and a map of Loveland’s spectator viewing areas and parking, click here.
- For more information and a map of Windsor’s spectator viewing areas and parking, click here. To learn more about the town’s race celebration activities, click here.
- For more information and a map of Estes Park’s spectator viewing areas and parking, click here and here. To learn more about the town’s race-day activities, click here.
- For more information and a map of Fort Collins’s spectator viewing areas and parking, click here.
Start and finish festivals: Festivals will be held at both the start line at The Ranch in Loveland as well as the Stage 6 finish in downtown Fort Collins.
What: Start Village
Where: The Ranch Events Complex, Loveland
When: Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, 8:30-Noon
Free Parking & Admission!
The Start Village offers the cycling enthusiast the only opportunity to be up close and personal with the riders as they embark on the next stage of the race. Opportunities include personal interaction with the riders as they arrive, warm up and sign autographs. The Start Village is a perfect family friendly event highlighting everything local with live music, local Northern Colorado food, Loveland artists, vendors, kid’s activities and more!
Schedule of Events
|8:30-10:30 a.m.||Live, Local Music: Start the day off right with live entertainment from local Northern Colorado bands.
BMX Demo: Witness the hi-flying excitement of a BMX demo brought to you by the Colorado Indoor BMX organization. For more information on registration and the kid’s race please visit http://www.cibmx.org
|9-10 a.m.||FoCo Kid’s Bike Challenge: The culmination of an 18 week- weekly kid’s bike race will take place in conjunction with the US Pro Challenge Stage 6 Start! All races are for children ages 2-18 and will be divided by age and ability. Striders and trikes are accepted for the youngest age group, 4 and under. All racers are required to wear a helmet and parents must sign one waiver for each race series in the Challenge. Please visit http://www.fcgov.com/news/?id=4803 for more information.|
|9:30-10 a.m.||Adaptive Dash (@ start line): We have partnered with Two Angels Foundation for a Kids Adaptive Dash at the Start Line. The dash will start at the official USA Pro Challenge start line. Be sure you are around to give these children some world-class cheers!|
|8:30 a.m.-Noon||Art Alley & Vendor Village: Experience Loveland’s vibrant art community in Art Alley filled with local artists and vendors. If you want to get in touch with your artsy side, Pinot’s Pallet of Loveland will be onsite to paint a commemorative take home picture.
Be sure to stop by the best vintage bike display in the West or treat yourself to a one of a kind Northern Colorado breakfast & beverage.
Kid’s Area: Bring the family! Plenty of kid’s activities and bounce houses will be onsite!
What: Finish Festival
Where: Old Town Square, Downtown Fort Collins
When: Saturday, August 24, 2013, Noon-6 p.m.
Fort Collins Finish Festival offers bike enthusiasts and spectators the chance to see professional riders cross the finish line and complete Stage 6 on Mountain Ave. Take advantage of great photo ops at the finish as well as pre and post-race celebrations. This is a perfect family friendly event highlighting everything local with live music, a professional women’s criterium, Northern Colorado food, Fort Collins artists, vendors, kid’s activities and more!
Schedule of Events
|12 p.m.||Live, Local Music, Food & Vendors – Meander along Old Town Square, Walnut Street and Linden Street to enjoy live entertainment, food and beverage, kid’s activities and vendor booths. (12-6 p.m.)
Women’s Criterium – Witness national female racers as they complete a mile race loop in downtown Fort Collins. Cheer them on when they cross the finish line of Mountain Ave. (12-1 p.m.)
|1:15-1:45 p.m||Strider Kid’s Races – A spectator favorite! Cheer on the kid’s strider racers when youth compete for fun on bikes.|
|2:30-3:30 p.m.||Maxxis Stunt Show – Enjoy a professional stunt show that starts at the official USA Pro Challenge finish line.|
|3:30-6 p.m.||USAPC Stage 6 Finish – Head to the finish line to catch the professional riders of the USA Pro Challenge – Stage 6 crosses the finish line at Mountain and College Ave. It is anticipated the riders should be coming down Mountain Ave. and crossing the finish line around 4:27 p.m.
Please note the race finish time is an estimated time.
Award Ceremony – Head over to the award stage located north of Old Town Square on Linden Street to watch the top riders of the day receive recognition. The stage jersey presentation is a great photo opportunity.
- Ride your bike! Bike parking is located at Pine Street and also on Oak Street between Mathews Street and Peterson Street.
- Come join in the fun – ride your bike or walk along Mathews Street to enter the festival, or if you are coming from the north, enter from College Ave. and Walnut Street.
- Car parking available along College Ave (College Ave temporarily not a through street), Laporte Ave Parking Garage and along residential streets.
- Each community will sport their designated color, based on the jersey in your leg of the race and Fort Collins is YELLOW. Show your Fort Collins pride and join the festivities wearing yellow!